Sign up to be a Volunteer at GBPL here!
SUMMER VolunTEEN program
CALLING ALL TEENS!
Looking for a way to volunteer in air conditioning this summer? Join us at the Great Bend Public Library! We need Enthusiastic Volunteers to help our with our busy Summer Library Program!
Who Can Apply?
- Teens ages 13-18
- Those who can commit to volunteering for designated hours in the summer
- Those who have permission from a parent or guardian
- Those who have transportation to the library
What do volunteers to?
- Tidy the library areas and assist with shelving (Must be able to alphabetize)
- Help with Children’s events
- Work at the Summer Reading Table
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
When do volunteers work?
- Times are based on the availability of volunteers and the needs of the library
- Be available to work June 1st- August 1st
Why Should I Volunteer?
- Learn job skills
- Make a difference in your community
- Feel good about yourself
- Earn hours toward service hours for clubs and scholarships
- Make friends and have fun!
How do I apply?
- Print it here or submit an application online
- Complete the application
- Get parent/guardian Signatures
- Turn in to the Children’s room at GBPL
- You will be contacted for an interview
- After the interview, accepted volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation before the summer experience begins
Contact Amy Mayhill, Youth Services Director at 620-792-2409 / email@example.com